Saturday, October 06, 2007

Of course the Dixie Chicks were right and sometimes all you get is shit on your boots.


I am actually in the process of watching the documentary Shut Up and Sing about the Dixie Chicks. It basically covers the controversy when King George started his stupid invasion of Iraq and during a Dixie Chicks concert one of the trio said they were ashamed he was from Texas.

Well, the redneck crowd went apoplectic. Their reaction clearly showed the dangers of decades of inbreeding. And it was very interesting to watch this years after the controversy. I say that because you watch the Bush-rah-rah crowd making utter jerks out of themselves.

I grew up with with some old fashioned country singers. But it’s been years since I’ve listened. I used to listen to Loretta Lynn or Tammy Wynette. I outgrew it but I have to say that I like the more contemporary sound they give their music.

What was so funny was seeing how all these individuals were out there predicting great success for the invasion. And there was some really pathetic country singer named Toby Keith who sang this jingoistic song with such crappy lines as “Cause we’ll put a boot in your ass. It’s the American way.”

Rather crude and classless but certainly in keeping with the people who were out attacking the Dixie Chicks. Maybe Mr. Keith will do a sequel about how sometimes, when you put your boot up someone’s ass the only thing that happens is you get shit all over your shoes.

Labels: ,