Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Dick WHO?!

I hope you are sitting down. But former (thank God) vice president Dick Cheney has said that he supports same-sex marriage on a state-by-state basis. He said "people ought to be free to enter into any kind of union they wish any kind of arrangement they wish." He also said marriage "has always been a state issue, and I think that is the way it ought to be handled, on a state-by-state basis."

Of course, a few days ago, former Bush administration Solicitor General, Ted Olson, has started an effort to take the case FOR gay marriage to the Supreme Court. (See report below.) And former Congressman Tom Campbell, who is seeking the Republican nomination for Governor of California, is also running on platform supporting gay marriage.

First Campbell, then Olson, now Cheney, I'm starting to wonder. Normally when I start lining up Republicans on an issue I'm safely on a different side. When I get three who agree with me I have to reconsider if I got something wrong.

Labels: