Friday, July 18, 2008

Mamma Mia! INDEED!!!

The following is from the website of the Boston Globe. When I read the caption I was rather surprised. Apparently the ladies in question have not aged well.

If you have trouble reading the caption just click on the photo and it will enlarge. Someone really has egg on their face.

And while I normally don’t do this I do think that the ladies Baranski, Street and Walters really ought to get a face lift, if this photo of them is any indication they could use it.

As for the film I'm not intending to see it. I saw the show some years ago with the great love of my life. Other than the fire alarm which kept going off forcing the evacuation of the theater it was fun. But what makes the show fun is one thing and one thing only: the music of Abba. Say what you will but those Swedes always wrote songs that you couldn't get out of your head even if you hired an exorcist to accomplish the deed. Beyond the music the plot is silly, often predictable and not particularly interesting. But then the plot is one long excuse to do an Abba number. If that is what you want, and Abba is always good fun, then just listen to the music and save yourself the price of the admission.

Labels: