Sunday, October 08, 2006

We may as well name the page.


Once the name of the page involved with the exchanges with Foley has been published in the Washington Post we may as well name him as well. He is Jordan Edmund. Edmund has an attorney who has named him publicly as well. And the politician he was working for has named him at a press conference. So there is no reason to hide an identity that is so widely known.

What disappoints me about the Post article is that while it names Edmund it doesn't get to the heart of the matter. Was he or was he not a "minor" as the media has been claiming? Now as I have shown Edmund was no minor when he exchanged emails with Foley. The raunchiest emails attributed to Foley were with Edmund which means with someone who was physically and legally an adult. Will the scumbags who have labeled Foley a pedophile retract and apologize? I doubt it.

In politics if you make vile and false accusations the way to cover your tracks is to make more and more of them. So don't expect any apologies. I'm no fan of Foley's. I wouldn't vote for him if you paid me. But injustice is injustice no matter who is being attacked.