Friday, September 01, 2006

Desperate Houswives and Libertarianism

Apparently ABC is upset that someone leaked a clip of the new season of Desperate Housewives, the raunchy comedy series. The clips from the next season appeared on YouTube but appears to have been taken down now. Shame. But here is a synopsis. Character, Bree, played by Marica Cross, is in bed with her new boytoy Orson, played by Kyle MacLachlan.

Bree is unhappy that Orson wishes to have oral sex with her. She says: "I don't do that, I'm a Republican."

Orson replies: "I'm a Libertarian. I believe in minimizing the role of the state and maximizing individual rights. Trust me, I know what I'm doing." Apparently the clip indicates he definetly knows what he's doing.

It was one minute long and if the people at ABC were smart they would have left it up. It was publicity and certainly didn't give away the plot. The Libertarians ought to applaud. It's the best publicity they've had in years.